Shop At Home Review
Product Name: ShopAtHome
Mobile App/Website: ShopAtHome.com
Owners: Belcaro Group, Denver, CO
Recommend: Yes! Love it!
If you are like me and tried using the ShopAtHome cashback site in the past but changed your mind because it was too complicated/confusing, slowed down your computer, or bombarded your inbox with unwanted mail, I suggest you give it another chance. Things have changed – at least for me! I am not sure if it is because I have a new computer and more experience shopping online or if ShopAtHome has worked on improving its user experience. My guess is it is a little of both.
I rejoined ShopAtHome when shopping for Christmas 2015. I have been trying to find ways to earn/save extra money to help pay for the care of my mom (she requires fulltime caregivers). When I came across the chance to earn cashback on my holiday purchases, I decided to give it another try. Out of all the apps I have tried, this one was the easiest to use and earned me the most money back in a short amount of time. I saved money and received cash back and as a bonus did not have to leave my house. I was able to shop at home for clothing, shop at home for toys, and I am even able to buy wine online at a discount and get cash back. Currently ShopAtHome is offering 3% cash back on Walmart purchases and 3% off Kohl’s purchases.
How does Shop At Home work?
- Sign in to ShopAtHome.com and find coupons/discounts for over 3000 retail stores
- Go to online store through ShopAtHome site to take advantage of offered deals
- Receive a cashback reward of up to 70% (I’ve never seen anything close to 70% – typical cashback rewards are between 3-8%)
- ShopAtHome will send you a cashback check in the mail
Is ShopAtHome Safe?
This was my initial worry about trying this site. I was afraid it was going to cause my computer to slow down and possibly download a virus. I also worried about my information being sold. Thankfully, I did not have to be so concerned. I have not experienced any negative side effects while using ShopAtHome. Yes, ShopAtHome seems to be very safe.
- Sign up is simple – only need an email address, username, password
- So so easy to use – just go to the site and click on the store where you’d like to make a purchase and continue as you normally would
- Over 3000 stores to shop from (including Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and most retail clothing stores) 99% of the places I wanted to shop at were included
- Easy access to available discounts for each online store
- Also gives you access to many online grocery coupons
- You get actual cash! (you do also earn ShopGold points for each purchase which you can use towards gift cards)
- $5 bonus just for signing on
- Checks are mailed out each month (although you may need to wait a couple months to receive your first check)
- There are some tricky rules that you will want to be sure to read before using the app/website. Be sure to read! For example, you must go back to ShopAtHome before each purchase and only use the coupons offered through the site in order to get the cash back.
- You only have an hour after clicking onto the online store to make a purchase. If it takes you longer, you will need to go back to ShopAtHome and sign back in.
- Can take up to 7 days for the cash back credit to show on your account
- You must accrue at least $20 before they will send out the check
I earned over $85 dollars in about a month through ShopAtHome’s cash rebate program! On top of the $85, I also save money through the many coupons/deals offered through the site. It always helps to make money/save money while you spend money. And it was so simple compared to other savings apps like Shopkick and Ibotta.
Have you tried ShopAtHome? I’d love to hear about your experience – good or bad in the comment sections below.